Hi, I'm Laurence Gellert, a software developer living in Portland, Oregon USA.
Like any person born to write code, my interests in software are wide and insatiable. I work really hard to deliver quality. That means drawing on deep knowledge and experience, yet knowing my own limits. The secret of building great software is communicating and empathizing with whoever is on the other side of your work (users, co-workers, customers, clients). Few do this well, many not at all.
My blog has some some well read posts... and some posts I wish more people would read.
LATEST POSTS:August 28, 2015 - Is localhost development obsolete?
June 18, 2015 - Example Django Model Count and Group By Query
May 11, 2015 - Design your own GitHub activity graph, mine is a DNA spiral
April 24, 2015 - Mastery over Negativity - Dealing with Negative Geeks
February 14, 2015 - Sending emails through Comcast on Ubuntu using ssmtp
Top Posts by Traffic:
- What is a Full Stack developer?
- Pros and Cons of RDS vs EC2 for MySQL with AWS
- MySQL Maintenance Tasks for InnoDB with MySQL 5.1
Posts I wish Google would rank higher because I enjoy them:
- On Pluggers, Rockstars, Ninjas, and other fun labels for developers – which are you?
- How to write a proper commit message
- Laurence's List – Roadmap Features to Prioritize
- The Software Maintenance Efficiency Curve
- Architectural Components to Plan For From Day 1
- Why do software engineers always complicate things???